About Gorman-Rupp Industries
Engineering the Future of Fluid Solutions
As modern business progresses, emerging technologies leave off-the-shelf pumps in the dust. Our clients are reengineering systems overnight and demanding a pump partner who can keep up with their progress. Gorman-Rupp Industries routinely meets these challenges with pumping solutions as unique as your cutting-edge applications. As a result, we have become a company known for market innovations and improvements that continue to set the standards for the pump industry.
Our goal is to meet your special needs, whether it be modifying a current product or designing a new pump to increase the efficiency, quality or reliability of your products. Our engineering department is structured to quickly evaluate your application and create a solution specific to your needs. Prototype test samples are available for performance evaluations and chemical compatibility tests. We are constantly searching technological advances in motors, materials and production methods.
Often, it is more cost efficient for the customer to have GRI complete the assembly of their final unit. GRI’s customer-driven, turnkey solutions, from engineering to the highest quality manufacturing, are in place to meet these special needs. This is a complete value package that we are proud to offer.
Count on Half a Century of Fluid Innovation
GRI was founded by two engineers, so it is no surprise that engineering drives our success. Our excellent reputation rests on market innovations that continually raise the bar for the pump industry. As a result, GRI holds many patents, with many more patents pending. Because so many applications require specially-designed or custom-built products, our experience is vital to the overall success and cost of your products.
Our leadership rests on an unwavering commitment to innovation, cost-effective manufacturing, and superior customer service. Our experienced factory staff and worldwide network of trained representatives have lead our success in the international OEM Market. Many revolutionary pump lines have been introduced over the past 65 years, providing pumping solutions to an incredibly wide and diverse customer base.
Extensive Product Line Offers Fluid Solutions for OEM’s
GRI has widened its competitive edge with advances in pump technology and the introduction of new products and new product features. Below is a brief overview of our company’s history over the past 65+ years.
- 1933: In the midst of the worst depression in history, two unemployed engineers, J.C. Gorman and H.C. Rupp, founded the Gorman-Rupp Company.
- 1950: GRI is born with the Mansfield Line, producing the first Centrifugal Pump for the appliance market.
- 1953: GRI moves to Bellville, Ohio to focus on small pump manufacturing.
- 1970: Debut of the revolutionary Bellows Pump for highly accurate, long life metering.
- 1971: GRI designs the self-priming, sealless, economical Oscillating Pump.
- 1977: Magnetic Drive Pumps enter the market with a unique curved vane for hydraulic efficiency.
- 1981: GRI manufactures Column Pumps for submersible applications.
- 1984: The easy-to-service, economical Peristaltic Pump is developed.
- 1989: Compact Bellows pump introduced for applications with low discharge pressures.
- 1990: Introduction of the plastic Mini Bellows for low flow, low pressure metering applications.
- 1991: Design of the Piston Diaphragm Pumps for transferring small fluid volumes at low discharge pressures.
- 2003: GRI marks 50 years of business.
- 2009: The Bleach Compatible Bellows Pump is introduced.
- 2010: GRI reveals the brushless DC, Integrity Series Magnetic Drive Circulation Pumps, starting with the INTG1.
- 2011: The Integrity Series, INTG2 released. Features include adjustable Speed Control and 9 – 24v power supply.
- 2012: GRI introduces its newest line of bellows pumps, The Bellows Dosing Pump.
- 2014: The Integrity Series line of pumps is expanded with the introduction of the INTG3 and INTG7 Series Pumps.
- 2016: GRI begins robotic production of motors in-house for the Integrity Series line of pumps.
We Keep the World’s Fluids Moving
OEM’s in a wide range of industries rely on GRI for pumps and related equipment used in highly diverse applications, such as fuel cells, film processors, espresso machines and blood analyzing equipment. As these market needs change, we stand ready with the technology, engineering expertise, and manufacturing capability necessary to meet these challenges and provide superior pumping solutions to help move the markets into the future.